Have you ever had your feet & calves swell up real bad?

They do not hurt real bad just throb a little. I am still going to my pe class an walking my mile mile and a 1/2 plus I go up an down the stairs 3 or 4 times each. I am gonna make a dr appt but I do not know how I will squeeze one in. Got any advice on why this is happening?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Health

• Is the walking that you're doing a new thing? If so, it's probably the increase in activity. I would advise drinking a lot more water, taking it a little easier for a few days, and possibly investing in new shoes. Take your walking down a notch until the swelling goes down, then slowly increase it again. It happens to me a lot. I have tarsal tunnel in both feet and ankles, and I think that might have something to do with my swelling. Once I started drinking more water and changed shoes, and started elevating my feet a few times a day, the swelling decreased dramatically and it hardly happens at all anymore.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Water retention --too much salt in your diet?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• everyone is different, so i say just make sure you keep ur appointment GOOD LUCK
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010