Why are there MEN on CafeMOM?

It kind of creeps me out that while this site site is mostly made up of women, there are some men on here too. This is supposed to be a site for women, so I wonder what is motivating them to be here. There are a million websites/message boards out there; why do they come here? It is shady. Makes me want to take down my son's photos.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Can they "like" it from facebook? Yep. That's how they get in. Then they must come here and make an account. icky. Searching it out on FB, gross.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't post pictures of myself or my children on here for this reason. I can do the same thing without anyone knowing who I am.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• There are men's pictures and names on the right of the page that say they "like" CafeMom Answers. How do they have access to this?
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have wondered about this before, also. The only thing I can figure is that they're either sincerely trying to get advice, or they're trying to find sexual things involving women from the sex groups and whatnot.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hi,

CafeMom is for moms only, as written in the Terms of Service. Men (as far as we know) can't be moms, so they aren't allowed on the site.

If you feel that a member is a man, please let us know so that we can take appropriate action if necessary. 

``The CafeMom Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

The Answers section is totally public. Anyone with an internet connection can read it and they don't have to be a member to do so. Anyone with a facebook account can read AND respond, and they don't have to be a member to do so. The "like" thing is for facebook, not anything to do with the actual CM website.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• "The Answers section is totally public. Anyone with an internet connection can read it and they don't have to be a member to do so. Anyone with a facebook account can read AND respond, and they don't have to be a member to do so. The "like" thing is for facebook, not anything to do with the actual CM website."

How is this fair to the women on here? The Answers section is part of CafeMom and should be reserved for the moms too.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How is this fair to the women on here? The Answers section is part of CafeMom and should be reserved for the moms too.

Q&A has always been public. That's not anything that changed recently. You've always been able to email or otherwise share questions with anyone you want, and they've always come up in a Google search if you search for any of the keywords used in a question. The only change is letting people post here directly from FB without joining, but they'll still delete answers from people who appear to be male. Of course, just like a CM acct, they have no way of really knowing if anyone posting on FB or here is male or female. It's not like you have to take a DNA test to register. For all we know, YOU are a guy pretending to be your wife.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As I said, it should be reserved for members only.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have no pics up for this reason. I know there are men employees for Cafemom who do have profiles here.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010