is it possible to get your college GPA from 2.20 to a 2.5 in two semesters. i need at least 2.5 gpa to get accepted in this graduate program im interested. if not then i would have to take the GRE and score at least a 1000 on the verbal and quantitative sections.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• Thats not very far to go thankfully... i think that as long as you get mostly A and B's you could do it, depends on how many classes you have too.

Hopefully someone comes along that can explain the mathmatics better... im currently at a 2.8something and have 2 semesters to get it to a 3.0 for graduate school....so im curious as well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• yeah you can if you get really good grades. try taking one or two (or three) really EASY classes, like PE credits.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have managed a high GPA without even trying. It worries me when I see nursing students with a 2.0. THAT'S scary. I don't think taking "easy" courses is a good idea. If you are not qualified for your program because of grades than you don't belong in that program. If it's for the medical field, you could really hurt someone.
    JenW777

Answer by JenW777 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Hmmm, maybe. Talk to an adviser and see what they have to say. I would think you would have to have damn near a 4.0 to pull that off and, no offense, doesn't seem like you've got it in you. That's a bitch-depending on how many classes you take. If I remember...wait, I'll get my transcript. I just graduated last year...
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• i think it is possible. anything is possible when you try really hard. and if not just try studying hard for the GRE and taking it from there.

to: JenW777: that was quite rude what you said...... ummmmm who gives you the right to tell someone what they do not belong in. who knows you could be lying about your high GPA
    survivormama10

Answer by survivormama10 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Ok, here some number for you to work with, I had a 3.1 my first semester of school (after 10 years), the next semester I got a term GPA of 3.847 and had a cum GPA of 3.545. That semester I took 5 classes and got 3 As a B, and an A-. I managed to raise it by .435, but I busted! I wish you luck, but I don't see it happening. Study up for the GRE. It's not so bad.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010