WTH is a stretch and sweep??

Ok it's been 19 years since I had a baby so there's alot that is new to me this time around, but I don't know what this is. I do see a trend that disturbs me which is everyone rushing to start labor or schedule labor (totally my opinion on the subject - for me) and it seems like this whatever it is might be related to that. It doesn't sound very pleasant lol.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• haha its only been 2 since i had my little girl... but i had to ask the same thing... they told me it was something like... they sweep around the membranes to help start labor... ???? lol i must have been off or didnt understand .. sorry no help
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Here is a website I found that might answer your question... http://www.askbaby.com/membrane-sweep.htm
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• thanks for the link. they have to ask you before they do this right?
    figaro8895

Comment by figaro8895 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes you should consent to any procedure espcially as this is an internal one so obviously very intimate!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2010