Honest advice ...

I have had long dark hair for the last 5 years or so... everyone always compliments me and I know I do have very nice hair ( my hair looks similar to kim kardashian) .... well I am going through a hard time ( my husband just left me, shortly after getting married ) .. I want a change ... I have always wanted short blonde hair and now I am seriously considering doing it ...but I am afirad i will regret it after I do it ( I want it like this - http://awonderfuleverything.blogspot.com/2009/12/cute-short-haircut-for-wavy-hair-photo.html ) .

I have enough money that I can do hair extensions if I dont like it, but I know fake hair cant compare to my hair now...

I am 23 and not to sound full of myself but I do have a pretty face and a nice jaw line. My hair is very dark ( but the girl who does my hair said I can go platnium blonde) I am tan, with light green eyes....

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe you should cut it short then after a ltitle while dye it then it wont be so different at first. i mean if youre worried about it. my bestfriend is italian and has honey eyes with darker skin and she has always wanted to be be blonde but she is the first toa dmit it would look ridiculous with her skin tone. i think it just depends on what you think. and what youre comfortable with i mean you can always dye over it!

my suggestion is to not cut it too short because it takes forever to grow it out again. ive been growing my ahir out for two years and its finally down to my shoulders.

but sometimes a change just feels good

go with your cut and know it will grow back and you can always dye it back!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• gut*** not cut** haha pun.
    ElsaSalsaaa

• I think that is cute! I say go for it. I have curly hair which I have gotten complimented on it my entire life. But the problem is, no matter what I do to it, it basically looks the same. Just shorter or longer. So I've decided I'm going to let it keep growing this winter and then next spring, I'm cutting it off (donating to locks of love) and then getting it straightened.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It's hair. It'll grow back if you don't like it. Sometimes change is good, and deciding to cut your hair gives you control over something, which feels good. Do it.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• DO IT! Been there done that and IT worked for me! I dont know what it is but when I do go blonde I am HAPPY!! funny turn kinda dingy too lol...if you are more worried about the color start out slow do highlites first...just kinda go slow..to get use to it..but if you want a total all new you! well then go for it!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• change is good sumtimes,,i had long brown hair it looked cute an then i wanted a change so i got a hair cute lyk cleopatra an i got my hair dne burgundy an i lyked it bt then i wished i had my old look bk..an i still do..
    garcia-fam

Answer by garcia-fam at 1:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would say go for it
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Go to a wig shop. Try some colors and lengths. Then the one you feel at peace about, do. However, I wouldn't recommend dying your hair just yet. Once you start, you never stop. Dye ruins the luster and shine, plus the body of your hair. It also starts destroying it. I know. I use to have long think hair. Now its thin, especially on top and its hard to get it to grow fast like it use to. If you want a change, Buy a wig! At least you'll still have healty hair. Trust me when I say, you want to hold on to all that is natural as long as you can. Because before you know it, its gone and you can't get it back. Even the color will be a shade different. My neice had beautiful think audburn hair. It had a natural curl too. Now at 32, its dry, falling out, and a mess. She's never been able to get it back to her original color or shine. Hope this helps.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010