First Step

At what age did your child(ren) took their first step? My daughter is 10 months old and she'll be a year old next month. She took her first step two days ago and I'm so excited. All I can say is, "My grandmother is right."

ProudMommie83

Asked by ProudMommie83 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is actually a great story for me. My bestfriend (and exboyfriend - not baby daddy though) was visiting for a month when my twins were ten months. He loves them so much and was gone all year so it was kind of sad for both of us that he missed all of their firsts and so much growing. Well one day we were playing and he held a toy out in front of my younger twin, Tyler and tyler took two steps, and then Jarrod did it again and he took five steps! They had just turned 10 months. Taden walked right after they turned 11 months. Theyre 13 months now and tyler RUNS lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My 1st DD was 11 months and my youngest daughter is 8 months right now and has started standing up and gets mad when she falls bc she wants to walk so bad. Most babies start walking between 10-12 months....I was a VERY fat baby and my mom said I was almost 14 months old bc I was so chubby lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My first DD was 9 months when she was walking independently and my second was 10 months.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my 11 months just took his first 5 steps today how exciting
    vida1970

Answer by vida1970 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• He was 9 months 2 days when he started walking. He could take one step and continue to stand at 8 months.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010