Did your water break before you went into labor?

I am 38 weeks pregnant and all day today i have been vomitting and been having diarrhea and pains in my stomach about 3 days ago i leaked an amount of fluid which i dont know what was. Im not sure if it was my water breaking or not. What should I do?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i would have your doctor check you out and if ur water was leaking i think you should get more of a gush of water,, it could be pee leaking but you never know and your water dont always break they have to break it sometimes good luck
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• With both my pregnancies they had to break my water at the hospital. It seriously feels like you've peed all over yourself with a full bladder. I'd definitley be calling the Dr asap to get checked to make sure.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my water broke before i went into labor and it was a constant trickle, no gush. if you had just one gush of water and it stopped i would think it wasnt your water breaking, but then im not a dr.

best thing to do would be to call your dr...better safe than sorry!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Have your doctor check you out, because you don't want to go days with a ruptured amniotic sac. They can do a quick in-office litmus test to find out. My water didn't break before I was in labour... with my first and third the nurses actually broke my water and it came out in a big gush, but with my second my water broke when I was in early labour at home and I actually didn't realize it... she was so low in my pelvis that her head was basically acting as a cork and none of the fluid really leaked out until her head was delivered- then it came out in a big gush behind her.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no mine didn't (I have had 3 kids). It sounds like you need to go in and have your Dr check you
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would definitely call your dr asap. Its a simple test to know wether its your water or not. My water broke and it was a huge gush and then just random leaking for hours in the hospital. Are you still leaking??
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 11:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Mine didn't break until she was almost out. I had a bulge of water ahead of the baby. It shot out like a jacuzzi jet.

Your water can leak then the hole can seal up again. You can have a tiny drip, seal up, then not go into labor for 4 more weeks and be perfectly healthy and fine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Mine broke before labor started with both of my kids.

The easiest way to tell if your water is really broke is if it keeps coming out. It's usually not just a gush or a leak, but continious leaking after it's broken.

But the pains in your stomach along with vomiting and diaherra can be early stages of labor.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• the Dr broke mine all 3 times
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• With the two I went into labor naturally, my water did not break on it's own. The doctor did it while I was in labor. With my other 3, I was induced, so same scenario. If you are leaking, then ou should get checked out. There is a possibility of infection if your water is ruptured too long without delivery.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010