Were you nervous about having a c section?

I am having a repeat c section and Im nervous but at the same time anxious. Is this normal?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes!!! I've had 2 previous c-sections and I'm still nervous thinking about having a 3rd and it's like 5 months away!!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have only had one C-section but i think its normal to be nervious..i mean it is surgery.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• This may sound odd, but I wanted one. I was not looking forward AT ALL to pushing. But to address your question...it IS normal to be nervous. You'll be fine.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Yes it is. I was so scared but now 6 years later, I have had 2 c-sections. I think everything your feeling is normal.

I wish you the best...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I was scheduled for a C section but was more relieved than nervous because I was scared of giving vaginal birth lol i'm a huge baby and I was only 20, and it was unplanned, I was (and still am) single so it was just all over whelming and untraditional anyway.
    a week before i was scheduled i ahd an emergency c section butthe spinal didnt work so i was asleep the whole time.

i didnt have time to be nervous right before because it happened so quick

good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• no its not scary at all. i have 4 c-sections. and da last one wuz my fifth cuz they already operated me. but doesnt hurt at all. well if da body can control da pain. it all depends on your metablisom ok. so dont be afraid.
    Monkie263

Answer by Monkie263 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I had an emergency c section I went in for a check up and found out that he was in destress what happen after that I had no time to be nervous a whole new experience for me
    vida1970

Answer by vida1970 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my didnt even hurt i dodnt feel a thing didnt see a thing after the spinal i was pain free and had baby and wasnt that bad i mean recovery hurts but keep a pillow pushed a little snug where the scar when u laugh or caugh or sneeze and if u can after buy some of those little gurtle panties so ur body will go back where it belongs and not all flabby :) best wishes
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010