how do you get your spouse to help out more?

gwenypooh

Asked by gwenypooh at 11:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't know when you find out let me know.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Besides getting a divorce? LOL

Tell him you can't ask. Tell him in a polite way, be as sweet as pie.

Hunny while I am making dinner can you please bath the kids I would greatly appreciate it...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• let me know also i could use some advise with that one
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Let him know that you could really use some extra help and ask him to help you?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• to kfree907, i do that sometimes but the thing is i always have to ask. i mean dang! if i don't do everything around my house it does not get done
    gwenypooh

Comment by gwenypooh (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• any other suggetions anyone?
    gwenypooh

Comment by gwenypooh (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I sat my husband down one day and just explained to him that I really need him to do more. Told him how I felt about what he wasn't doing, & gave suggestions for more stuff he could do. Was really great talking about it to, b/c from his POV he was doing a lot to help out, and just wasn't being appreciated. Make sure you recognize when he does do something and tell him how much you really appreciated it rather than pointing out what he didn't do. i.e. 'Hey thanks for doing the laundry, want to help me fold it while we watch some tv.' It really works at my house anyway.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Every day I tell him what I need help with. And he forgets. And I remind him. And he forgets. But I remind him again and he does help.

1. Stop expecting your DH to notice the things that need to be done- he has to be told.
    2. Embracethe list of three things. Men will do a list of three things. Not two. Not four. Three.
    3. Praise the crap out of him when he does it. Its like blood from a freaking turnip. You know how when you potty train a kid and you have a freaking cow like you aree at a rolling stones concert when you get a poop in the potty? Thats the same enthusiasm you need when you tell DH he did a good job vacuuming.
    4. Oral sex ;)
    5. Cry
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just ask.

Men don't always see the things that need to be done, so if you want him to do something, you have to ask.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How do you nail Jello to the wall? Just remind him where his penis goes, and that you need some help...or the next time he comes asking...you will be too tired from doing all the work yourself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010