Fever and acting sluggish but no other symtoms.

My 2 year old just got over a cold from last week and now he doesn't even have so much as a cough or runny nose but he's been running a 101 temp all day and acting sluggish. Is this the flu? Or something else I should be more concerned about? There's no vomiting or anything like that, nothing but a fever. The doctor's nurse just said keep an eye on the fever, which I've already been doing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Insist upon an appointment with your pediatrician if you are worried, a nurse over the phone is NOT a substitution with an examination by a Pediatrician (no offence to all of you wonderful nurses out there!)
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 11:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Most likely, they won't let you come in unless he has other symptoms and/or he's had the fever for 3 days or more and/or his fever hits 104. I know that's no consolation, but that's what they tell us. Make sure to push clear fluids and let him rest. You can give Tylenol to lower the fever if you like. Keep an eye out for other symptoms and another eye on his temp, and give him lots of love. I hope your little guy feels better soon!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• My 15 month old had the same thing wednesday. Real sleepy, didnt wanna eat or drink much, fever. Well, thursday i checked his mouth and he had sores. I took him in and it was coxsaxkie virus. They said its going around bitg time in lotsa states. Dont worry, its not that bad..lol..Just watch his mouth and hands and feet for blisters. If he gets them, hes got coxsackies. There isnt anything the docs can do besides diagnose it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 101 isnt bad. I'd just watch him and as long as it doesn't get higher just make him comfortable. and make him lay down and rest.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 6:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• As scary as it sounds 101 really isnt that bad. If you ask for an appointment though I don't see why they wouldn't see your son at the doctor if you are worried though.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2010