Im 16 and almost 2 months pregnant!! =/ i need some advice on how to telll my parentsss!! :( its hard..Please help

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is going to hard for you and even harder for your parents. I think that you should be very honest with any questions that they ask and tell them ASAP.
    Sharon911

Answer by Sharon911 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• well i'm 16 to and i can see the situation your in well for me it wasn't that hard because i didnt tell her my boyfriend did and she really didnt say anything after that. well you could sit down and talk to them or try and give them a hint.well good luck hope u find a way.
    yola72407

Answer by yola72407 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• well im 17 , and im 9 weeks. i told my parents at about 6 weeks but i think you should tell them as soon as possible, and i think it would be more meaningful if you did it in person! that would show you are matue enough to face reality, and i thought my dad was goin to shoot hisself and my boyfriend. But its all ok now, they might be upset at first, but only for a couple days, its gonna have to be accepted sooner or later and they'll get over it trust me. i mean my father is a deacon at my church and is totally against premarital sex but they still love me the same and are kindof nicer in a way. but i promise if you have the guts to tell them in a while it will be fine. i can almost PROMISE you that... but good luck and i hope you find the best way to tell them! I know everything will be alright and they will still love you always!
    caseyjow

Answer by caseyjow at 4:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Be blunt about it...your pregnant. There is no hiding it now. You'll be showing soon.
    Navy_Wife_Tisha

Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 4:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I agree, don't wait. I had my first at 17 alone with no family or support. They found out the day I gave birth. Remember you will need prenatal care and vitamins early on. Waiting only creates your own worst enemy. I know it won't be easy I can promise you that. It has been 10 years since I had Johnathon and I still think about it everyday and how I should have told them sooner. I gave Johnathon up for adoption and had I told them from the start I may have had the support to raise him and the time to emotionally prepare myself. Please don't wait, if you are scared bring a friend/teacher/someone you can trust along for support. Best of luck, you will be in my thoughts.
    HopeandSteve

Answer by HopeandSteve at 4:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You just have to sit down and tell them. Your parents love you. Yes, they might be mad at first. But you should be able to come to your parents about anything.
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 4:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• YOU SHOULD TELL THEM ASAP, I HAD MY FIRST AT 16 SO I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT UR GOING THRU MY MOM WAS PISSED BUT SHE WAS GLAD I TOLD HER IT WILL BE A BIG WEIGHT LIFTED OFF UR SHOULDERS, YOU'LL THEN BE ABLE TO ENJOY UR PREG IT IS WONDERFUL AND CONGRSTA YOU'LL LOVE IT. I DID 3 TIMES LOL
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I had to tell my parents when I was 3 months because this is when I found out, it was very hard but harder if you do not tell them. Expect them to be very angry but just know this is normal every parent acts like this. Let them know your plans, be open to what they say even if you do not agree or know that this is not what your going to do just tell them you will consider. Just sit them down start with the easiest one first, the one you have the closest connection with and tell them straight out. Do not beat around the bush just be clear and let them know. Do not think that this is a mistake because pregnnacy can be a beautiful thing when your ready and if your not ask for some help. Go see a family planning office or another office to help teen moms. I am a teen mom myself so I know what you are going through. Good luck.
    jaevenmomma

Answer by jaevenmomma at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I was 17 when i got preganet, and I wasn't planning to tell my parents right away but then, they found a book about pregnacy and kinda gave it away. At first they were kinda upset but then due time they were excited. Now my daughter is 8 and she is well loved and they wouldn't take her back for the world either way due time they will accept it, but word of wisdom, raising a child being a child is hard!!!! I thought it would be ok but those endless nights awake listening to a crying baby, no parties for me cuz I had a kid, I had to grow up and quick. And also for you and your younger than i was. Good luck with your decition
    lostiniowa

Answer by lostiniowa at 5:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i am 16 and i was 15 and pregnant, my mom was wit me so she kne right awy,
    i was so scared to telll my dad i wrote hym a letter (i kno pathetic) lol.
    but i would just recommend telling them, just say it,
    you cant change it now!
    LANDENSmamii

Answer by LANDENSmamii at 5:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2008