come on now!

ok so the hubby and i got into yet again another argument about his parents or family invading my privacy last night... well it comes up about me having an issue about people going into my bedroom.. which they do all the time.. anyway.. the other day his mom and sister came over.. my daughter, hubby, fil, and i were outside when they walked in.. a few min later my daughter wanted something to drink so we walked in to get her some juice... i walk in the door and turn to go toward the kitchen.. when i see his 15 year old sister walk into our bedroom.. and his mom was looking at something and didnt even look up .. i WATCHED her walk into the room.. and stood there for a min like seriously?? how many times do you ppl have to be told?? well i try not to say anything to them bc his mom is overly dramatic and gets her feelings hurt WAAAAY to easily.. so i told him.. CONT

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• So, what goodies are you hiding in there??? LOL! Sorry... That would piss me off, too. I don't blame you one bit. And, I'd be really pissed at hubby for not taking my side on it. The bedroom is not a common living area, then need to stay out. Not everyone is just fine with people going in every room in their home, not everyone is just that open. Family or not, and your hubby should respect that. Your in-laws should respect that.
    I like the lock idea. It will look a bit tacky, but will get the job done. Unless your doors already have locks, our do. Either way, you need to do something. This is going to get worse until you do something to finally keep them out.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have the answer. Put a lock on the door. or have a place, your closet, somewhere you can put stuff you don't want others to see and lock it up! Or you could walk them into your room and get it over with when they first come into the house. Do you keep your door closed? That may be part of the temptation. Of course, you could start doing it to her? But that would be childish of course and only as a last resort. Ask her if there is something she wants to see in your room or why she finds the need to go there to "LOOK' anyway... Another thing you can do is get a dog that is so protective of you and leave it in the bedroom to guard it. Then no one will come in. Its what we do. Everyone knows to stay out of our bedroom unless they want to get bit. Now she may not bite a soul. but they don't need to know that! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 12:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That's really messed up. Not to mention rude and disrespectful. Maybe it is a bit harsh but I say whenever they come around follow them indoors and lock your damn door or set a trap. One way or the other the truth will come out and it will also make them think twice about going into your stuff again.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• lock the doors to all the rooms before they come over...and I mean an actual key entry lock! the only place that should be unlocked in the bathroom and make that as empty as you can! Not good when someone (no matter the relationship) enters my private spaces...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would gop to the store abd buy a new door handle that locks and has a key. I wouldn't tell your hubby. It's not hard to put it on your self. Change it when he is gone. I am sure they will get the idea when you lock the door everytime they are around.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My sister's in-laws do this and her MIL actually reads her mail and bills because they are on the table when she babysits. Seriously, on the table or hanging from the chandelier in front of your face, NOT your house, NOT your business. GTFO of people's private business. They go in her room, all that crap. My ex-in-laws never did this. Put a lock on the door and when they're over, close and lock your room. They'll get the hint and you don't have to 'say' a word!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have had my MIL look at our bills!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• to say something yet again about my personal boundaries and to stop going into my bedroom.. well last night when it got brought up he said yea well mom was real upset with you about that bc she said (sil) she didnt go into our room she looked in there.. OMG i watched her go in there.. and i have tried to ignore this but i cant stand it when someone freaking lies and then acts like they are upset with me for them doing something they have been asked over and over NOT to do.. i want to just smack her and say grow up.. dont lie and pretend like she didnt.. or at least acknowledge the fact that you werent watching and dont know.. dont cry and say you are upset bc i "made" it up.. your a freaking drama queen and your really starting to piss me off.. cry baby
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010