Pagan Dictionary Blog

I'm putting together a small "Pagan Dictionary" blog as a way to introduce those who are new to the path or who are investigating Paganism or New Age Paths to terms which they may not be completely familiar with. **Inspired by a previous post in fact, thanks for that to the poster**

Which terms do you feel are a "must" for the list?
Are there terms you are not fully familiar with, or which you would like a definition for?
Which terms do you think are likely not to be understood by those outside the "Pagan Community?"

Thanks!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Must: athame, book of shadows, charging (placing magikal energy), esbats, sabbats (maybe listing them), grounding, pentagram and what the meaning of each point. I'm very much familiar with these terms but when i wasn't these r some of the terms i heard the most. There r alot of terms not understood outside Pagan Community and alot of people jump 2 bad conclusions or immed. pass judgements when they hear them. I had "ambassadors" go 2 my sons school to explain & answer questions to his class
    catastrophy

Answer by catastrophy at 6:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have a similar thing in my BoS ... let me look at it and get back to you. Maybe send you a PM about it if I think it won't fit. Catastrophy has a good start!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• deosil and windersherns
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• honestly I think there are too many to put into a dictionary blog.. I had a website that had a great one about 10 years ago, but it was removed. If a person is generally interested in learning about paganism then they should start reading books or seek training.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 5:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• MamaJasmine - I'm just doing basic or common terms, not everything. I'm not including tools or herbs or gems or Gods & Goddesses... or anything that specific. I have other entries to discuss those things. And ALL the information on my blog will also be available on my site...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2010