Your IN-LAWS

whats your relationship with your in laws... has is always been that way??

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Terrible! It used to be good for the first couple years that my husband and I were married but then his mother started to over step her boundaries, she made some inappropriate comments to me and my husband wouldn't ever defend me or say anything about it to her-which in turn caused some major problems in our marriage. It almost seemed like she was competing with me for my husbands love. After letting this cause major problems in our marriage for 2 years my husband FINALLY put his foot down and put her in her place and told her that they way she acted and treated me was completely inappropriate and would not be tolerated any longer. Now I realize why it took my husband so long to say anything. His parents have acted like total children about the entire situation and no longer speak to us-they used to call my husband at least once a week-they haven't called since the incident.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am so lucky! My in-laws treat me like another daughter and I can talk to them about anything especially my mother-in-law.
    tanyaka

Answer by tanyaka at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have tried to make an honest effort but they didn't like me from day one, but they tolerate me. Ugh! I don't mind them, they are very nice people, but I definitely don't try to get them to like me anymore. It's been 10 years of me trying and I finally gave up.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We are the best of friends. We have couples date night with them every other Friday which includes dinner and cards at their house. We love spending time with them and they love spending time with us.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• YUK!! NO GO... Never has been good, probably never will be.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• before i was married i HATED my mother in law... then when we got married i learned to deal with her.. then recently it all go messed up again when we had plans to go to their house and we got there at ten pm only to find we were locked out, called, and called, threw rocks.. looked for the spare key. only to drive home and not get there till 3 am.. it was hell and not safe for my child to be in the car when i was that tired. so since then we argued about it and now we dont talk again
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 12:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Good. His mom said I was the best choice he ever made in his life! His dad thinks the world of me! I miss his mom a lot. We use to stay up for hours talking after the men went to bed. I had the opportunity to share the events of Jesus Christ with her. She gave her lfe to Him. It was an awesome moment....
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We get along and always have
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The first few years were horrible, they weren't even at our wedding. Now I love them and they're a huge part of our lives.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I love my inlaws. No it hasn't always been that way. The first few years I wasn't completely fond of my MIL. But now I love them to death. We live 2 hours away from them. We will go visit them and stay from 1-7 nights depending on how much time hubby has off. My inlaws will be here in 2 weeks then we go up to see them 2 weeks later. I love knowing that my children get to see them often and make memories with them. I don't have many memories of my grandparents. I want that for my children.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010