need help wth my son!!!

I do not want to be bashed just need advice! My son is 18 months old has all of the sudden has gotten a very bad temper. He screamed for 2 hours, he does a deep grumbling scream he gets a little violent also, I tried everything to calm him from holding him to trying to fix him a snack, nothing!! He will walk around and still do the low rumble screaming... I really need advice when he is happy he is super happy, and this is not every day this is only the 3rd time its happened! Please any advice! Thank you...

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 12:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it around nap time?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No it can come on after nap time one day then today he slept for maybe 40 min then bam screaming!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i dont have any advice.. but i will bump you
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• tantrums? maybe, try talking to him and figuring out whats bothering him, i would also make sure he is not hurt or sick too, goodluck!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is he modeling that behavior? Is there someone who he saw act that way even one time?

Redirecting him is all you can do and hope the behavior goes away. If it gets attention, positive or negative attention, then the behavior will continue,
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• no his 3 yr old sister does not act like that or does are 4 month old yet thats why im trying ti knipp this in the butt before my girls catch on! No one in the house is violent or throws fits... I did make him a dr visit just in case he is in pain of some sort thank you for the advice!
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• do you think it could perhaps be out of jealousy of the new baby? im sitting here wondering what it could be, and i thought a while before answering, and that is all i can come up with. let us know how the dr. appt goes! god bless!
    .Yours.Truly.

Answer by .Yours.Truly. at 1:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• you got your hands full but I think its jealousy as well..he knows he can act out and get your full attention..Im having this problem with my 4 year old bcuz we have a 4 month old as well..good luck!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• well, your child is almost two.. so I would be happy to say I feel that its the early stages of the "terrible twos". Second of all, did this just pop up? like out of the blue? has your child ever had problems with acid reflux? does your child have appropriate language for his age? developmentally all around how is he? if he is a healthy normal toddler, i say the tantrums are age related! good luck
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes he talks very well walked eraly all of the normal stuff, this happened just out of no where! maybe it is just the teriable twos coming one eesshhhthis could be bad LOL
    anfisasmommy

Comment by anfisasmommy (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010