Plz ask a man why he does this?

Why do men tell their SO/ or wives what the can or can not do? Example: she wants something extra from the store. Answer: No. She wants to buy a car. Answer: No She wants to save to buy a new house. Answer: No She wants to stay out late. Answer: No. I just don't get it?We're not their children, nor our they our parents. Whats up with that?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 12:22 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Men like to be in control........Just have to show them who's the boss on some things.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• im glad my hubby not like that i dont think i could live like that
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My husband says it's an alpha male thing. If you made big decisions without his approval then it's considered a defiant act against the "man of the house". He thinks most men think they are the final say on what goes on. Lucky for me, I have figured this out. Men think anything is a great idea if you convince them that they thought of it first. When I want something I ask my husband "Hun, do you remember when you said we should get a new____?" It almost always works ;)
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You are a very wise wife and will go far in your marriage Sonnyswife!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• IDK? Thankfully DH is not like that. If I want to something big like that, I do consult him(just as he would consult me) and take his opinions into consideration. Most of the time though we agree on issues like that. Now if it is something small, like a dish, or cloths I don't call him first, and he doesnt call me(cause he doesn't buy his own clothes anyway,lol). We find this way works best for us.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 12:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Haha, thank you. If he feels in charge, he's happy and so am I :)
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• DH and I do not have a relationship like that nor will we ever. Everything is equally and mutually shared. If DH ever started to tell me who, what, where, when, or why in my life then he is welcome to find someone else. I will not DO as I am told. It is rude and unacceptable. I can not live life with limitations such as that!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• While I do consider myself a submissive wife, my husband does not control me. We make most major decisions together, and what we can't make together, I make alone. My husband wants to make me happy, so if I want something, and we can afford it, I generally get it. If I want to go out with my friends, then I generally do.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• sometimes it depends on the situation. but no one should have someone else make all the decisions.
    most often it seems like the wife is the mother and the husband is the kid!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• YOu don't need to ask another man that question, you need to ask yourself why you are allowing it to happen? Since you say you are not his kid, then you should be able to do what you want and spend what you want....if the money belongs solely to him then thats a different scenario but if its joint money, then you should be able to buy what you want when you want...and you should also be able to go where you want when you want...But don't put it all on him, if you allow it, he'll continue to do it...put your foot down and stand up for yourself.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2010