Plz ask a woman why she does this.

Her SO or husband tells her who can be her friends; tells her she can have her own money, but will help her spend it and not let her use any of his; puts his mothers name on his bank account and not hers; has the house title in his name & his mom's but not hers; or he tells her to work two jobs and he sits home with his friends watching sports. When she gets home she has to cook, clean, and care for children, if there are any. He can go away on hunting trips with his buddies, but she can't. Question is: WHY ARE WE LETTING THEM HAVE THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR with us? WHY DO WE ACCEPT IT? We DESERVE BETTER!!! But why do we do it? Any ideas?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 12:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's because people get used to things easily. And even though one actually does not like the situation, it slowly becomes a comfort zone after a while and it takes quiet some guts to leave it. And when you do, you're as naked as can be (not literally of course). It'll be just you, but that's all you have anyway. Anything else is an illusion. You might have to face your deepest fears and insecurities but can also discover great inner strength!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We do it, because a lot of women need men to validate them. That's the bottom line...when we decide we can do bad all by ourselves and not put up with the non-sense, that is when we will know who we are as women and how much we should be appreciated and not except less than being treated with value.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 12:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't know any women that does that.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• o hell no its what i want all the time hell ask me what u want for diner or what movie u wanna watch etc
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• For someone to accept this type of behavior they must have really low self esteem. There is no way on this earth would I personally accept being treated in such a manner. I would rather be by my damn self!!! Respect begins within oneself. If one does not have respect for oneself then no one else will respect them either.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• it goes along with why do women stay in abusive relationships...i had a friend who stayed in one. he was so horrible to her. she was 32 yrs old. they had a 1 yr old daughter together. it never ends good. he never means it when he says hes sorry. you know how this story ended? he ended up beating her with a claw hammer last winter put her in ICU, he went to jail for life on his 3rd strike, their little girl was sent to new parents. she would be placed in protective care but shed always sneak and call him because she said she knew he would find her and kill her if she didnt tell him. she lives in oklahoma and when i moved to california i told her id take them with me and promised hed never find her but she truly believed he would. it was so sad.
    .Yours.Truly.

Answer by .Yours.Truly. at 1:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am not sure why some women do that...
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Now there's a woman after my own heart! LOL I almost forgot to say: PLZ keep it clean for the young ones. Thank you.

Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• BeachMom81 You are very wise for a woman of your lifetime.... I'm impressed! it is very true. Sad but true. I've seen it a lot tonight. Women who are being run over by men who are useing them; selfish; have no respect for these women who love them! It is a hard life. Hard choices to make in todays world. What should we settle for? What do we want our children to see us settle for? When is enough, enough? I know there are ways to turn things around. Its a matter of finding the right key ingredent to make the changes in your favor. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Some women will do anything just to have a man. Some women feel that life isn't complete without a man in their lives and most women who feel this way, will allow a man to use and abuse them....No one has ever shown them the price value of their heart, therefore, a woman who's in this situation only sees herself as being subjected to a no good man.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010