im scared

im due feb 22 and my fiance leaves for the military beginning of march. we have one daughter who is 13 mths. im so scared of doing this alone for the 18 wks he'll be gone. any advice??

.Yours.Truly.

Asked by .Yours.Truly. at 12:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Aw, I'm sorry you're scared. Have you been a part of the groups on CM for army wives? It may help to talk with someone who knows what you are going through. Stay strong.
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 12:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• take a deep breath it will be alright,,, then follow fluppyducky's advice
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You can also seek out wives in your area who have either been through the military leave experience or need support also. I know when my mother had all 4 of her children alone while dad was in Korea for a year she joined a support group of wives in her same position on the base and became very very close to them.They were a great help to her with four young children and a great way to get someone to take us 4 children when mom really needed a break. They are still great friends even after 20 yrs of dad being retired from the service. They all attended my wedding.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is it possible for you to go stay with your parents those 18 weeks?
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my dad lives in germany with his new wife and my mom.... well, my mother lives off her mother... not a very good place to put myself because even if i had her come stay with me she'd be more taking advantage of living here and talking to men and drinking than helping out....
    .Yours.Truly.

Comment by .Yours.Truly. (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• well, thereis the 18 weeks, but you NEED to be married before he goes! You do realize that there is AIT ( job training) after basic right? And then the move and in processing on his new post! We were not married at we got marreid at basic graduation because we found out just how difficult it would be if we didnt! GL, but please do your homework before you decide to postpone marriage until after, plus he COULD deply within weeks of his first duty station! I ahve been a military wife for 5 years now, with 5 kids, and we have another 15 to go, so please trust me!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i do trust you. and we are getting married in december. i appreciate all the help and advice. i hope he doesnt deploy but i know he will. he's going to be an apache gunner or a scout sniper.... thats high demand
    .Yours.Truly.

Comment by .Yours.Truly. (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2010