Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I'm not going to sit here and sugar coat things to make them seem better than they actually are. im 19 years old, i have a 2 year old son, and i'm addicted to cocaine and oxycotin. I've been addicted since i was 16 and I can't go w/o the drugs, i always try to do them after my son goes to bed so that he doesnt see me doing then and so that im not high when he wakes up. I want to stop but I don't know how to get help, suggestions? adult content

My best friend said that she would take care of my baby until i was sober and back on track.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Health

Answers (17)
  • surprised


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • I admire your courage for posting this. I hope you get the help you need. That baby is such a blessing, and if you are sober I bet you will enjoy him so much more. Do you have health insurance? That might be a good place to start. I don't know a lot about these things. But I can't think of a better reason to get clean. I know having my son (also 2 years old) got me on track with a lot of things I have struggled with in my life too.

    Answer by getrealmama at 12:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • I think your first step should be to talk with your doctor and see what program, dry out center, or other options would be available to you. Good for you for admitting your problem and wanting help. I really admire your courage and I hope you understand what a huge and positive difference this will make in your life and your childs life. I hope you don't mind that I'm going to pray for you.

    Answer by Sonnyswife at 12:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • Um yeah, if you are serious, I'm so sorry. Look for rehab centers in your local area and check yourself in, that's the best way to do it. And yes, let your best friend take care of the baby until you do and you get better because even if you're only doing it when she's sleeping, what's going to happen if she wakes up or has an emergency and you can't do anything for her? Rehab is your best bet. If you can't do that, then find a good therapist/psychiatrist because they can teach you how to wean and how to cope with your issues that are causing you to feel the need to use the drugs. But I really hope this is a fake post :(

    Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • Things can happen after your son goes to bed and you being high is not going to help him if a situation every came about!
    I say you need to get your self in to some sort of a rehab facility soon.

    Answer by tambam75 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • I'm sorry I meant when *he's sleeping* not she's

    Answer by AprilDJC at 12:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • You need to talk to your Dr first and then contact a drug abuse program in your area...NA might be a good step but they dont always help (DH had a drug problem before we met). Talk to your Dr firstthough because they can helpyou find help!

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • You're taking the first step by admitting to it openly and wanting to get help. Have you tried NA? Also talk to your doctor. He might have some other resources around you that can help you. If you bff is clean and sober and doesn't hang around the druggie scene i would most definitely consider letting her take care of your baby until you are well. You might also want to look into a rehab center. And anytime it gets hard, ask yourself what is more important to you? getting high or getting your baby back.

    Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • Rehab.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

  • It takes alot of courage to admit you have a problem and are aware of it...i hope you get the help you need not only for yourself but for your son also..deff find a family doctor or talk with a doctor and see what they can do to help..try going to some couciling also get enrolled in any drug treatment plans you can..and if your best friend is willing to help you with your son that is great..but make sure it is a good option..i wish you the best of luck and i hope you are able to get threw this hard time and please remember that you want this for yourself and for your son who im sure thinks your the greatest mommy in the world!!

    Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.