If you've had a miscarriage adult content

I have had a heavy period this week and tonight something that has never happened to me did- after taking my tampon out, a large long piece of flesh- it felt like it did not belong, was not water soluble, but i have never experienced this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most doctor's want you to save the tissue you pass to see if it's fetal tissue. I would call your ob/gyn tomorrow and let them know what happened. If you start bleeding heavier and go through a regular pad within an hour or 2hrs head to the er.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• oh i am beside myself because i did not save it, whyyy did i do that. if i do not keep bleeding should everything be ok?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Even if your bleeding has become lighter in flow or stops I would still see your ob/gyn asap

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• WHat if i bring in some spotting since the miscarriage? will it test as a baby fetus if it is not in fact part OF the flesh? but a part of the walls? i sure hope its accurate. i am so scared
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would just call your ob in the morning and ask them what they would like for you to do. I know it can be scary ((hugs)) What they will most likely do at the appointment is a blood test and u/s. The blood test to check HCG levels and the u/s to check for any remaining tissue if it was a miscarriage.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• thanks so much, going in at 1130 this morning. my only fear now is not letting my 2 friends know who are expecting.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• PS the nurse said I would still have pregnany hormones if I was pregnant so I am glad I can still find out.
    Anonymous

• Your welcome and good luck today. If you feel like you need someone to talk to about it. There are miscarriage support groups on here that might help.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Is it possible because your period is heavy this month that it was nothing more than a very large clot?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Went in to the doc and should find out in a few days. She said clotting is not good (I thought it was normal) at all, so we want to find out A. was I pregnant, and B. what were my levels like. Ultrasound in 2 weeks. Thanks everyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010