If a child in your regular toddler playgroup has been caught biting other kids (1-2x), and generally plays rough, what would you say to the group organizers?

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 1:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't say anything to the organizer I would take it up with the Mom of the child.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yup, talk to the mom directly
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i would too,because most of the time the organizers dont do nothing about it...
    garcia-fam

Answer by garcia-fam at 1:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thank you for your answers. And I agree. In this case, I think the organizer already knows, but hasn't done anything (or maybe she's waiting for the moms to confront the biter's mom).
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything....I'd just watch my child closely and if I had to leave the group...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• That's the other concern - other moms have said that they might leave the group if nothing is done about the biting. Incidentally, the mom of the biter was told about the incident, and the reaction was neither of surprise or regret. She just had her 2nd baby and is under some newborn & toddler stress, but does that excuse her not doing anything more about the situation?

So as a follow-up question: what would you exactly tell the mom or want her to do? Would you want her to leave the group if she couldn't control her toddler?
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010