What setting do you wash in?

I read somewhere that use the COLD setting for everything but bedding... I use HOT for towels, bedding and my daughters clothes. Should I stop and only do bedding? What setting do you use?

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use cold for everything but whites. They come out as clean and I am not wasting the energy needed to heat the water, which makes it cheaper.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wash everything in warm or hot...cold water sets stains into clothes so I never use cold...personal choice though...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wash everything in Warm or Hot; i just don't like washing in Cold Water!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I believe that heat sets stains in rather than cold. Cold is typically better at removing stains. If you look at any stain guide it will instruct the use of detergent or soap along with cold water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wash towels in hot water and with bleach because I hate the smell if I don't, sheets in hot, whites in hot, lighter colors in warm, and darker colors in cold. If you really want things clean, go with hot.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wash most things in cold. But I use hot for towels and whites.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I use cold for everything but white towels (we don't have any other white things). The only other thing I change for some loads is the intensity of the wash. For hubby's work clothes, it goes on cold and the heaviest setting. For my bras and stuff, it goes on gentle and cold. White towels, heavy and hot (with bleach added). Everything else just goes on cold and normal.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I use hot for towels, warm for jeans, and cold for everything else. Cold is cheaper because you dont have to heat the water and I think it keeps your clothes from looking dingy. Also hot or warm will make the colors bleed, so if that runaway red thing gets in lights it wont run.
    lablaw1126

Answer by lablaw1126 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I wash everything in cold water.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I use hot for my sheets and towels. Warm for all of the kids clothes and whitees, cold for all of my clothes. I think cold keeps my jeams dark. I hate when they fade
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2010