Yo Baby Yogurt

When can babies have their first Yo Baby Yogurt?

Thanks!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 1:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my dd yogurt for the first time when she was 8 months old. I just gave her plain, full fat yogurt and added fruit puree to it. She did just fine with it, but you have to watch for reactions just like with any other new food.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Same here, she was about 8 months, I think. She might have been a little older, I'm not sure. I know she was REALLY sensitive to lactose before 8 or 10 months (I'm lactose intolerant, but thankfully she got past it), so we introduced it really slowly. We had the YoBaby yogurt, and she seemed to really like it. The first kind we tried was the soy stuff, because of her lactose sensitivity, but she didn't like it at all. We talked to her pediatrician and he said to introduce milk products slowly. After trying something else, with no reaction, we gave her the yogurt. We ended up not really having any problems out of it, but she did get the runs a couple of times the first times we tried it (we waited about a month between the first two and then third times, third time there was no reaction).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• The package says 6 months. I started around 6 months and didn't have a problem.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I started at about 6 months, my DS is 2.5 now and he still loves it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 6 months. The milk proteins in yogurt are already broken down so babies shouldnt have any problem digesting it. I started my daughter on it around 7 months old and she loved it.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 10:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We started my son around 8 months or so on yogurt... it's still one of his favorite foods! We still get the fruit and vege mixes for my 2 year old :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Our pediatrician said dairy (cheese, yogurt, etc. not milk) at 8 months.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I started mine on yogurt around 7 months, but there's no need to buy the special "yobaby" kind. Just regular, plain yogurt with no added sugar is better.

Answer by missanc at 1:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2010