how i get my son to go on the toilet?

my son will be three in march, he tells me when uses the bathroom in his diaper after the fact, i put underwear on him and he scream to put his diaper back on.

timmysmom2006

Asked by timmysmom2006 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was reading this book on potty training (sorry can't remember what the title is) but they talked about kids having a fear of losing what they have worked so hard to produce. Talk to him about why he gets to wear underwear. Maybe ask him where he thinks his bowel movements go. One of the biggest things I have started with my son is taking him to the bathroom with me and letting him flush the toilet and say "bye-bye."
    I have heard that boys are harder to potty train before 3, but I am working on my son now so that I can have him potty trained shortly after 2.
    I can find the title of the book that I got and let you know. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2008