my daughter is goin to be two in jan.an i still have to craddle her , what can i do to make her fall asleep by herself?

garcia-fam

Asked by garcia-fam at 2:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lay her down, say goodnight, and leave. Let her cry it out..it will be hard at first but she will get the hang of it. Make a routine...we give a bath, read a book, sing a song, and go to bed..without the crying.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Not much! They learn to put themselves to sleep in time. I used to lay down with my older son and he eventually just stopped needing me (he's almost 5). If she needs you right now, that's fine... she'll outgrow it. Just pay attention to her and encourage when appropriate.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I did CIO but its not for everyone. it was more difficult on me then on her and it only took a couple of nights but it worked beautifully and now i have a toddler that when i say night night she knows that its time to sleep adn sleeps right through the night. routine works too. encourage her to be a big girl. buy a nightlight. stay in the room on the floor and then get closer and closer to the door every night. truthfully enjoy her getting cradled because they grow so fast.for me it was because she was falling asleep in my bed no problem and then getting transfered to her crib and it was getting be a pain. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Start a routine and work her into it slowly.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 6:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Let her cry it out at the same time every night eventually the crying will lessen each night until she finally understands it's bedtime and I'm a big girl. Don't worry how long she cries - before she goes to bed check her diaper make sure she's full and healthy then You'll have no worries.
    Livn2serveHIM

Answer by Livn2serveHIM at 7:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010