Mighty Melts popcicle

My 8 month DS was at a playdate and his little 10 month old friend was enjoying a Mighty Melt popcicle. My friend offered one to my son and I was hesitant to accept. I just let him taste it and he REALLY liked it lol.

I am curious when is an appropriate age to give them this sort of treat? Thanks!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 2:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say not yet. It's just sugar, and getting him used to sugars is going to make him not want the more "bitter" foods like the veggies. Also, I think those popsicles in particular MIGHT have artificial sweeteners in them which is never ok for babies or young kids. If you do give them to him, check the label first to make sure there are no artificial sugars or sugar alcohols. Only sugar and high fructose corn syrup (though it in itself is bad) are "ok" really.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• There are probably some healthier alternatives if you want to give him a treat now and then. But once they taste that sweet stuff, it's harder to get them to eat veggies.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Oh, and I should also add that my DD and my boys started having the fruit popsicles when they were 1.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When a child is old enough to eat it i would say its age appropriate.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 10:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would suggest making your own with fruit juice and pureed fruit.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010