Fighting with my husband about money. What to do??

I am about to lose my current job, do to a layoff, and I get to take my 17 month old daughter to work with me, where she naps and plays all day. My husband and I discussed the situation a month ago when I was aware of the job situation and had decided, I thought, that I would stay at home with our daughter and he would get a part-time job so we could make it financially. Now all the sudden, after talking to his mother, he suggested I need to find another job. By the way---he also wants to try to have another baby. I feel that I cannot work with 2 young kids. I would rather be home with them than have them in daycare or at a sitter. I want to raise my own kids!! HELP!

EllasMom530

Asked by EllasMom530 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• considere a home based business where you can have the best of both worlds. That is what I do. Visit my profile and call me.

Those mother-in-laws! :(
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I totally understand what you go through. But I think first you will have to decide if you want to go to work or stay at home with your little one. Have you thought about doing something from home? I know there are a lot out there, but if you want to do it you can make an income. When I started I made $500 the first month. It only cost $1.00 to start. It worth it a try.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 3:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You can work at home and make about what you would at a normal job, if you take daycare and gas into consideration. I’m taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers’. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I’m also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. I’ve even added a Certified Ebay drop shipper; you don’t buy the product until you’ve been paid, great for Ebay addicts like me! Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i was fighting with my husband a lot when things got a little harder( we had to get a car once our fully paid off car broke down now we have a payment of 250 a month.) i found a way to work from home i had to i had no other choice. If you want to take a look its cheap to start i mean $1 kinda cheap. Plus you have no selling cold calling deliveries inventory or parties. Its really nice to work when my kids take a nap and the fighting about money is gone. We havent fought about money lately at all. Now we just fight about normal things like whos going to do the dishes. Or whos getting up with the new born at midnight lol. I hope this helps
    http://www.themomteam.com/ShariCM
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 5:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• #1 - If he wants his mother's advice, insist you be present to receive it so you can think it over with him. #2 - You have to decide if you are willing to have another baby and work full time. Eleven years ago, I was not. I wanted to have a baby but I wouldn't, couldn't unless my husband got a job with benefits. I needed to turn things around anyway because I was so stressed working FT with one. A guy is too stressed to work a FT and PT job and be a good husband and father. Could you work PT or evenings and weekends? You both need to feel you can handle the responsibilities of parenting two children before getting pregnant. Deciding how much you both will work is part of that.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 4:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• First off you're husband is wrong for getting another person involved in you're finances. Secondly you surely don't need another baby at this point and time due to finance issues is why. Hope you're not offended at that. Thirdly it's an a.b. conversation the parent needs to c their way out of it. I would be pissed if he got them involved. Yes they may know a lot about finances but there are times you need to discuss thing's on you're own and that is one you need to do that with. That even makes me mad he did that to you. I mean if he goes to them for that what makes you think he wouldn't do that for all the rest of the advice he needs or wants when he should be going to you in the first place when it's between you two anyways? Right? Please don't be mad just my suggestion is all.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• First of all what does your mother in laq got to do with your way of living.Are you good with kids ?Why don't you try opening your daycare?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008