repost:

Yes...basically wanting to know how to kick start labor. We have sex and I get on top because I heard that the head of the penis will rub the cervix and thin it out quicker but see I am already 60% effaced with my 3rd child BUT I WAS INDUCED EARLY WITH MY OTHER TWO SO I DON'T KNOW HOW ACTUAL LABOR FEELS. But this also may be tmi----but i heard not to actually have sex just to rock back and forth on top of your husband and just let it rub? what does that mean don't stick the penis all the way in and just like basically just rubb my vagina with it or what? sorry i know that sounds crazy but I was just very very lost

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• WE HAD REAL SEX WITH HIM ON TOP, DIDN'T WORK THOUGH. i ALSO WALKED LIKE A LUNATIC. mY DR. STRIPPED MY MEMBRANES AND I HAD MY BABY 3 DAYS LATER.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• From what I was told, it's actually the chemicals in the semen that help to soften your cervic.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have to agree with the PP. It's a chemical reaction. If you are really that desperate to have this baby try nipple stimulation, hot showers, lots of sex with ejaculation, walking, household chores like laundry and emptying the dish washer and anything that calls for a lot of squatting and movement.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2008