do/did your young child (ren) talk in their sleep?

DD is 3. She has recently taken up talking in her sleep. Sometimes just mumbling, sometimes full on conversations. The first time I heard her having a conversation, I thought I was going out of my mind, I didn't realize what was going on. Anyway, I am sure its noting to be concerned about, just wondering if anyone else's kids do/did this.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, my 5 yr old does at times. He actually had a convo with me once and I thought he was awake, but he was sleep the whole time.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 2:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My DD started when she was about 2 and she hasn't stopped! (She's almost 4 now). It freaks me out sometimes because I'll hear her and think she's awake right when I'm trying to go to bed, but she's always out like a light. Just talking to her dream friends. :) haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have heard my daughter a few times not often though, I dont think its anything to be concerned about, many people sleep talk.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• lol yes my son used to sleep in the same room with me after a hurricane came through my area and yea he did i don't remember everthing he would say but i do remember he used to laugh in his sleep and i would wake up to check on him only to find him sleep laughing lol it would always make me laugh so hard i had to leave the room so i wouldn't wake him up. lol it was the highlight of the hurricane experience lol.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• DD17 & DS 15 used to fall asleep to a movie each night so DH & I could spend some time together. (Not advised by any parenting book, but it worked for us.) I used to sing to them as I moved them into their beds for the night. DS would sometimes sing with me. DD would complain. And that is EXACTLY what their personalities are like as teens!!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My 12 year old son does it all the time. I don't think you need to worry
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Haha, yes he does sometimes. He laughs in his sleep and cries in his sleep too. He must get that from his father or something, lol. My husband talks in his sleep all the time. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think my son does. The funniest thing that ever happened regarding that was we were on our way back from Thanksgiving with my husband's parents. My mom had come with us, and she was in the back seat with my son. He was asleep, and he suddenly lifted his head up, turned toward her and laughed. Then he closed his eyes and laid back in the seat like nothing had happened.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yea my son talks in his sleep sometimes. hes three. its kinda funny sometimes
    newmomie07

Answer by newmomie07 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my daughter does it a lot sometimes she will just start laughing out of the blue not this little giggle either like full out laughing
    when your watching a scary movie with the lights out and she is asleep in your bed and its at the really quiet part right before the scary thing happens and she busts out laughing an almost scary laugh or at the time it seems like and almost scary laugh it's enough to scare the Sh*t out of anyone !
    pinkangel79

Answer by pinkangel79 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2010