If you dont think that men and women can be just friends why do you think that??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 3:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think that. My DH has a few female friends. He knows though that there are some that he can't be around because they feel something different for him lol. I think if a man knows who he should and should not be friends with, there is no issue. Same for women, I have a few male friends and I know there are ones that I can't be hanging around with alone because of the fact that i know they want more if they could...but then some of my best friends have been guys. My very best friend in high school was a guy, he was with me through everything I went through and it was a lot. I know why some people think it can't happen, because for some men and some women, it CAN'T be strictly platonic.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think it always depends on the people involved. If they are both wanting to be friends, then it's possible. But if one of them does not, then it can't really work. That's what I think anyway...
    fluppyducky

Answer by fluppyducky at 3:37 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• some men and women can be friends but others can't. it depends on the man and woman. some men are so weak they fall for that person with what starts out as friendship can turn into an affair. So if the man is strong yes, if the woman is strong yes. if the man is weak by nature then no.
    nancyb55

Answer by nancyb55 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Because I've had many guy friends that were just friends. One of nearly 20 years. And no, he's not gay :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 19, 2010