Best bargains on shoes and haircuts?

I'm contemplating paying for my boys' haircuts, instead of doing them myself which takes FOREVER since they don't sit still and I'm not a professional (although I think they turn out good, given enough patience). I'd rather do it myself than pay $20 each, but I'm afraid to try one of the really cheap places. Any recommendations on relatively safe bets for cheap kids' cuts? At least their hair grows fast if it's horrible...

And shoes- I used to buy at Target, but I don't like their styles this year, I think they're making them cheaper, and now they don't have 1/2 sizes. Where do you shop for less expensive shoes? I can't pay $50 times 4 pairs, especially right now with buying winter wardrobes... I need basic casual boy shoes.

Crazyboysmom001

Asked by Crazyboysmom001 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• I've had horrible experience at both Super Cuts and that Wal-Mart salon, so I refuse to go to them. Sure it's more expensive but it's better than having 8 inches of hair "accidentally" cut off. Sure, I guess that problem doesn't really happen with boys... Why not take them to a basic barber shop? =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I got to super cuts or hair cuttery and pay 15 for my hiar cut both places do a great job and never had a problem. I got my son's shoes at famous foot wear for 20.00 but they were orginally 30.00 but they don't carry half sizes. I also get my son's shoes at jcpenny or payless.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i buy mine there shoes from shoe carnival i love the buy get one half off sales, i get there hair cuts from walmart i think its called smart style. they do a good job and its like 10$ i cant afford to go any higher, i have 7 so i look for deals also
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 12:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I've been inspired in some new directions on my searches for affordable shoes and haircuts.
    Crazyboysmom001

Comment by Crazyboysmom001 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you don't mind online shopping check my site www.letsgotravel.info and click on the ZamZuu icon. It will take you to our retail portal. Search shoes and you will get a list of companies along with the % of cash back you will earn for shopping there. Once on their site check the clearance sections. You can find tons of bargains along with some free shipping. Best of all you will earn cash back that will be sent to you in the form of a check. If you like I can even show you how to have your own website just like the retail site that you will see for FREE and you can earn cash back and commissions. Plus when you share your new site with others they will get cash back and you will get a commission. www.zamzuufreeagent.com/872799
    jforeman12

Answer by jforeman12 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2010

• An update: I've yet to get the boys' haircut, but I did finally find shoes. The Shoe Dept (in a mall) had two pairs that were perfect for $19 and $17. I looked at Shoe Carnival, Walmart, and Payless- but everything is tennis shoes with crazy designs and lots of colors, or dress shoes, or big clunky boots. I prefer a tennis shoes in nearly a solid color but a cute design- a bit calmer that can be dressed up a little so they're more versatile. A brown pair, a blue pair, and they're set! Then whatever I find on clearance for dirt cheap to mix things up a little :) Like an adorable red pair of Converse I found at a garage sale for $1, yeah!
    Crazyboysmom001

Comment by Crazyboysmom001 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2010