Have you ever had a cat that had dead kittens inside of her???

I DO NOT NEED YOU TO TELL ME SEE A VET >THAT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF IN THE MORNING>

I want to know if I can just get her spayed and get the kittens removed at the same time.Sadly I love Penny she is amazing and I have had her for 4 years.I went to the VET tonight who was a total rip off and I need some help :( I am calling SPCA in the morning but i was wondering if any one could help.

lendales_mommi

Asked by lendales_mommi at 3:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pets

• What are you asking exactly? Either way she gonna need to see a vet...
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:36 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, this last litter she had 2. We could still feel them and they came out the next day after she gave birth to the first 3 and starting really feeding her alive babies.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am asking exactly what i stated in the irst sentence but I am grateful for any advice and YES I KNOW SHE NEEDS A VET THANKS
    lendales_mommi

Comment by lendales_mommi (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I honestly do not know I am sure they probably could I mean humans can get a cesection and get tubes tied pretty much at the same time so I don't see why not. But I really hate to hear that I am sorry for your loss. and I hope everything goes well at her surgery.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• u must wait at least a month to get her spayed doll i feel your pain
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:47 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You will have to ask the vet to be honest. I know some vets will do it here and some will not. I had a situation like yours with a foster cat and I called one vet and they said they could do it all at once, but my dogs vet was like "I wouldn't personally do it." Poor little chicky, I felt so bad for her because she had to wait to be seen and she just seemed so sad :-(
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:26 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Usually, unless there is an infection or some other reason, you should be able to get her spayed at the same time (that is basically what they do when they spay a pregnant cat anyway). The only reason the vet may also delay a spay is not to interfere with milk production, but if the kittens are dead, that won't matter. I should think that would be your best way to go, especially if she already has a history of having "run out of gas" while in labor, waited a period of time and then delivered the rest, she just may not get started again this time. With dogs, I typically will only wait between puppies for about 4-6 hours without another birth before I'm off to the vet (but sooner if the dog is pushing or seems in pain, of course). I would think it is about the same for cats.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Just curious, what did the vet that you went to say or do ?
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• A cat that has dead kittens in the womb as opposed to kittens that die during the labor and birth process can be in serious trouble quickly. The kittens begin to breakdown quickly and contaminate the uterus, fouling the fluid and causing massive infection throughout the mom. I've had two experiences with this in particular, one survived and one didn't. The one that survived was about 2/3 of the way through her pregnancy when she showed signs of being ill, and began to show a dark bloody discharge. The cost to save her was about $800.00 and a 6 day hospital stay. She had to have the entire uterus removed with all kittens corpses, and had to be flooded with antibiotics. I hope your cat turns out okay, but it is unlikely the humane society will help.
    tiffdownard

Answer by tiffdownard at 7:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2010