so emberassing; hemorrhoids! adult content

I know I had some trouble while I was pregnant, but no problems ever since. Yesterday I got a sharp pain and itch all of a sudden. And now it's bleeding. There's nothing to see on the outside but it's blooming irritating. Will it go away again? What can I do?
I drink lots of water and stick to a balanced diet not to get constipated or something, because THAT will hurt. Anything else I can do besides keep it clean and wait until it heals? Do I HAVE to see my MP over that? I'm really not looking forward to, as you can imagine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Health

• I too just dealt with this issue after my last kidney procedure. I have been taking percocet 2 every 4 hours for several weeks and then a general anesthesia so everything gets slowed down, I push and voila.....I think as long as you know what it is and it heals itself in time I would not go to the Dr but maybe either call and leave a message or remember to talk to him about it at you next visit (even talk to your OB about it) Good Luck or should I say good sitting??
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:41 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think you should see a Dr just to check it doesnt need to be treated, as for embarassing, its really not, you may feel that way but you Dr deals with worse things than hem's on a daily basis.....I can think of way more embarassing things...
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Hems unfortunately do not go away unless you have surgery. =/ You can make them smaller, and help alleviate the pain with witch hazel soaked pads. Wipe your area with them... Try not to get constipated and have a diet with plenty of fiber. But no, in order for them to be gone for good, you need surgery.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 3:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• you can take stool softeners. or the over the counter preparation H. It actually helps. it is weird to use but it helps. I have had hemrroids off and on since i was young and never knew what it was until I got preggo. trust me it is annoying but they do normally heal. I would watch it try some of the over the counter stuff and if it doesn't go away within the week or gets worse I would deff. seek proffesional help.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• o and if you do ever get constipated I would get and eat some activia or drink a lot of juice instead of straining yourself to push it out. straining yourself is actually one of the causes of hemrroids not the constipation itself. I went ahead and did a quick research for you and these are the causes that i found for hemrroids.
    Straining with bowel movements due to constipation.
    Hard stools.
    Pregnancy and childbirth.
    Severe coughing.
    Heavy lifting.
    Sitting for long periods of time, especially on the toilet.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Bless your heart....get some metamucil and drink it every day....and preparation h helps along with cleaning the area with aloe vera
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010