Polygamy in Bible

http://www.biblicalpolygamy.com/polygamists/

What do you think about polygamy now knowing there were polygamists in the Bible?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 5:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't have a problem with polygamy because you can't stop consenting adults from living together. However the Bible is describing life as it was thousands of years ago, I put it in context of the times.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• To each his own...I think it's cheating b/c your married to one peron and your lusting after another- to me it's wrong.
    1 Corinthians 7:2 (KJV)
    Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
    Livn2serveHIM

Answer by Livn2serveHIM at 6:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Regardless of what's in the Bible (*wink*) I believe that any consenting adult should have the right to have relationships with any (and however many) other consenting adult(s) he or she wishes. That would include polygamists.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have never cared one way or the other. To each their own. As long as I don't have to if i don't want to, then who cares?
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 9:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I've always known there was polygamy in the Bible, and honestly, if 3,4, or more consenting adults wish to live in a polygamist family, more power to them.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• God never blessed polygamy in the Bible, He never encouraged it. Polygamy never worked out in the Bible, the relationships were fraught with tension. I prefer to learn from other people's mistakes.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I knew polygamy was in the Bible. If people choose to live that way, and nobody is being hurt in the process, I do not care.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• they are .. and god didnt comment on it.. it always turned out going sour anyway..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 2 Samuel 12:8
    And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Kitty Katt um this is pretty much God commenting on Polygamy btw
    adelinasmommy

Comment by adelinasmommy (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• There was a great article yesterday in AOL news about a polygamist wife.....she was being interviewed and was very straightforward about the painful side of polygamy for both husbands and wives......
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010