Dressed for daycare

For all those mommies that send their child(ren) to daycare. Do you dress them before you leave the house or do you bring the clothes with you and expect the daycare provider to do it. I guess if running late that would be a easy thing to do but i just find it kind of crazy to do that. I have seen it a couple of times at my dd daycare. The children come in pajamas. But she goes to a home daycare not a center so it might be different for a center. anyone else ever see this?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 6:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have always taken my daughter to a home daycare and I always dressed my daughter unless when she was a baby and went in her little jammies and stayed in them all day
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I know our daycare centers on Post will NOT dress your kids, and I dont think they will take them if they have jammies on. I could see if you are dropping your kid off at 6 am and they have just gotten up, but even that should turn into a routine. It only take 20 secs to throw an outfit on.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i know. i totally agree. i think its crazy. i told my childcare provider that my dd will ALWAYS be dressed. I would never do that. she even made a comment that its just laziness.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When he was little I would put him in a clean sleeper at night time (after bath) and then just take him to daycare in that the next day. As he got older though, I always dressed him. I've never seen anyone dropping off in PJs. Well, except on the designated PJ days!!!!! Love those days!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I use to work in a daycare center and all of the kids would come in dressed, except for one. Of course this one child's mother worked there and she thought she should get special treatment for everything. It takes time away from my lesson plans and activities to dress a child, feed them breakfast at 9:30 (when breakfast is served at 8:30), etc. I couldn't imagine having to dress the whole class, that would be half my day right there!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I always took my daughter to daycare with her clothes on. Never knew it could be an option to do otherwise.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Always dressed the baby.

btw when I saw your question I actually thought it was about the parent being dressed. I used to wear a tee shirt to drop off DD and then do a quick change into my blouse for work. Otherwise I'd have slobber on me from the get-go! LOL
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My daycare has a statement in their contract that says all kids have to be dressed for the day when they get dropped off.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think my home daycare provider does not mind,, I always dress my kids, but I have seen kids that are dropped off by 5am still in there pjs b/c they get there and go right back to sleep. But I don't think I would expect to see that at a daycare center that has a strict schedule to adhere to and a more kids to take care of.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would never in a million years dump my kid off on a day care worker in pajama's and expect them to get him/her dressed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010