Who makes a great soup meatless that i can make for my family?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• French Onion soup - awesome and really easy. We personally make it with beef stock, but you can use veggie stock just as easily. What matters is getting the caramelization on the onions - that's where most of the flavor comes from.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I make veggie soup every week, creamy ones. Take any veggie of your choice, I recommend zucchini, get a big pot and add about 2 tbs of olive oile, add a sliced big onion and salt and pepper, let it cook until the onions are clear, then cut the veggie in slices and drop in with the onions and add about 3 tbs of oregano, add the water depending on how much soup you need and cubes of maggie veggie broth, about 3 of them, let it cook for about 30 minutes in medium high heat, after it is cook and soft, puree it with a hand blender or regulsr blender. Then add half a cup of whipped cream cheese and mix, if you want thicker soup, dissolve a quarter cup of cornstarch with water and add when it is at full boil, the soup is delicious!

Answer by older at 7:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I used to work in a restraunt and would make a veggie/pasta soup with a tomato base it was pretty popular too
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I make potato soup with lots of veggies (celery, carrots, onions, sometimes broccoli, sometimes corn, whatever else sounds good at the time) frequently and rarely put meat in it. I made a chicken free chicken soup last fall a couple times - made it just like regular chicken soup (stock, carrots, celery, onions, parsley, I also chopped up some sweet potato and threw that in) but added black beans to it - it was really good!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• We love cheddar broccoli soup and potato soups (cheesy, or regular).
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Corn chowder
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2010