I really need to dye my hair! Can I at 23 wks pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was very tempted when i was pregnant too but I opted not too. In the books it all says not to just to be on the safe side. If anything, ive seen pregnant people get highlights in a very very well ventilated area, because with highlights the dye doesn't touch the scalp.. other than that I would just wait! Better to be safe than sorry!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I colored my hair throughout my pregnancy and my baby is just fine. My OB at the time was also pregnant and she is the one who said it was okay. She told me she colored her hair also. Just to be on the safe side - check with your doctor, but it should be okay.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You can get lead poisoning I was told by someone...not sure how true that is. I dyed my hair with my DD but this time I opted for Henna hair dye. It's natural and smells nice :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i also used the henna hair dye and my daughter turned out fine.
    izabelsmommy06

Answer by izabelsmommy06 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I am a hair dresser and I have talked tp plenty of doctors about it. When doing it make sure you are in a very well ventalated area.
    tawnbond

Answer by tawnbond at 6:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Omg I am a hairdresser too
    you can do it as long as you are in a ventalated area EXACTLY what tawn said =)
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2008