Should I be worried?

I am married to a very good man and we have had a good life together. Last night, the phone rang and he spoke to someone. He then told me it was an old "friend" from his Navy days. She found him on Myspace and now she is calling him. Later I found out that she has called every day since Sat. Then he was fiddling with his phone while we were watching a show and he said she had emailed him and he was answering her. 3 calls and emails, sounds a little bit much for someone just wanting to say hi after all these years. He is probably flattered that she thought about him but to me it sounds like maybe she is on the hunt. She is not close to us at all. I am going to tell him how I feel about this all but he probably will not see it my way. Should I be worried or has the green eyed monster just got me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• IDK, but, that green eyed monster would have me, too. Hopefully he will see it your way, and respect your wishes.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I cant seem to ever get rid of my green eyed monster and my husband doesnt care, so i wish you ALL the luck you can get on this subject, i know all to well how it feels when husband disregaurds your feelings in the matter.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I think that you should talk with him about it. But I also think that maybe you might be over reacting just a little bit. Do you trust your husband? I think that is what it all boils down to. How much you trust your husband. I hope things go well for you guys and he understands where you are coming from and y'all work things out so that you are both happy and comfortable.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would definitely tell him how you feel and ask him to verse the situation to see how he would feel. Is he willing to let you look these emails over and talk in front of you when she calls? My best advice to you is listen to your gut. If he is hiding ANYTHING then it's wrong. Nothing should be hidden in a marriage. Good luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Women KNOW how women think! She definately sounds like she is lookin' for something! I would let him know hown you feel & then let him take it from there. I would definately be suspicious & jealous. Good Luck!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 8:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Aw hun, I totally understand your concern. You DO NOT have the green eyed monster whatsoever, but I would handle it very calmy and lightly. Chances are this friend is trying to talk to him more and more which is just very odd and sounds like she is possily on the hunt! But I would absolutely try and discuss it with him and explain your concern and remind him that you trust him 100% and that you're glad he's telling you the truth. :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 8:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• No, you're normal. Saying Hi should have consisted of one phone call. I think it's time to tell hubby that you'd like him to politely tell her that it was nice catching up but he's not interested in continuing a friendship.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:00 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• You're not overreacting. Sounds like a lot of contact for someone wanting to just say hi.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2010