Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I try to talk to my mom about moving in with my fiance?

It would be better because he would be able to help me with his daughter and also there is just too many people in my house... However I am only 16 almost 17 and I do not think that she will allow me to/

Answer Question

Asked by ilovemichael at 3:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • emancipated yourself from your parents when you had a baby. Your moms opinion shouldn't matter. Your a grown woman now.

    Answer by Navy_Wife_Tisha at 4:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • I would talk to her about it. You want to keep an open line of communication with her.

    Answer by Brenna at 4:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • yes talk with her; however, know that the first poster is correct. You are an emancipated minor and she has no real say so over what you do. It would be nice to have her blessing though. You never know when you might need your mom.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • It would be good to get your mom's opinion. She might have her own plan about what you could do if you stayed at home with her.

    Answer by TXdanielly at 10:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • just go to your mom and state your concerns and listen to hers. you are a mom now. you want your child to listen to you, so start by example. i don't kwno what objections your mom would have, but what is the worst that could happen? you'd get preggo/ wait, been there, done that...seriously, discuss it then do what you feel is best for your child as that's where your responsibility lies now.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 11:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • There are so many things you are still too young to do on your own, you can't buy your own a car without your parents get involved. You can't get a credit card without them co-sign it. Keep your mother in your life because she is going to be the one there for you anytime anywhere.

    Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

  • in most steas if you have had a child you are a legal adult and dont need her permission....but be careful before burning bridges you might need to cross emancipation laws in your state

    Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.