Should I go see a doctor about this problem?

I have a 19 month old daughter who has always been hard headed and determined but lately it seems that shes getting frustrated too easily and is frustrated with everything all day long.

bsand4705

Asked by bsand4705 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think if you are really that concerned with it you should contact your doctor. But, I think it sounds like she is just going through a rough patch. Think about being that age. It's got to be tough on them. My son acted similarly and he grew out of it. There was just so much that he wanted to do and couldn't. Not to mention being told "no" countless times a day. Hang in there!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• James Dobson has a book "The Strong-willed Child." My parents swore by it with us kids.
    Part of her frustration could be because she is not being understood. If she is trying to talk, don't ask her to repeat herself multiple times. Kids get so upset when they try so hard to communicate and no one understands them.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Her desires are out-stripping her abilites. This is normal for a toddler.
    She wants to hold the crayon and draw a circle just like you - and can't. She wants to tell you that she wants a PB&J with the purple jelly, not the red jelly and she wants it cut into triangles, not rectangles - and can't. She wants to climb the ladders at the park like the big kids - and can't.
    As her abilities catch up with her desires, her temper will improve. As her ability to handle her strong emotions improves, her temper will improve. Hang in there!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I think alot of toddlers go through that stage. They may not be able to speak clearly enough to be understood or be able to do what she is trying to do with toys or whatever. I think it's just a stage, but you could always mention it to her ped.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 9:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Its just a stage she is going through, once she learns more words and can show you what she wants easier she will grow out of it. Mention it to the dr, but its really nothing to worry about it. Give it a few months and she won't quit talking
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008