Very Very Very Worried, or should I be?

So i JUST got back from the OBGYN and they said I had lost weight, i lost about 4pounds in 2 weeks...Also i had to get a papsmear done and the OB had to check my blood cells because i had a "Mild change" in my blood cells.

I get my ultra sound November 19th for the Gender, should I be worried that my baby could possibly be harmed by me losing weight ... 4pounds in 2 weeks?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no.....you baby will be fine. alot of women loose weight in the beginning i did with my son i didnt really start gaining weight until i was 6m.
    Anonymous

• no i woulnt be worried.... I have lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and we have had an ultrasound and the baby looks great.. ask for some anti nausea medicine to help get an appitite. the babys needs are small right now and he or she will pull nutrients from you. important thing is to stay hydrated....good luck
    wyattsmom281

Answer by wyattsmom281 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• no, a lot of people lose weight in the beginning or pregnancy, as long as you and the baby are healthy, its okay. Your doctor will let you know if it was not good, and would probably have you see a nutritionist. I'm sure you are okay.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Babies are basically lovable little parasites. They will feed off you to get what they need. You rbody will sacrifice itself for the health of your child. So really yourbaby should be fine. Like the first reply said, it is pretty common for women to lose some weight in the first trimester, what with morning sickness and all.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Oh i eat A LOT of food i even drank a half gallon of orange juice lastnight and a pizza before i went to the OB =[
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• dont worry about it i lost weight too i was 117 lbs before i got preg and when i found out at my first appt i weighted 110 and then i only gained maybe 5 lbs till i was seven months along then like over night the belly popped out and i was huge my doc told me to eat six small meals a day and maybe i would start gaining it but i still didnt everything will be fine :)
    izabelsmommy06

Answer by izabelsmommy06 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I lost around 12 pounds by the time I was 6 weeks. I wish I could lost that now! I wouldn't worry.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I lost ten pounds with my first don't worry! My doctor just told me to make sure that I was eating enough! (which I was) I think it was because I couldn't eat a big meal I ate a lot of smaller ones!
    mommy2amari

Answer by mommy2amari at 4:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I lost weight the entire pregnancy with my son; i ended up gaining 9 in the last 2 months... pretty normal, no need to worry!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 5:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• with both of my prgnancies my weight fluctuates. i gained alot right at the beginging i gained like 5 pounds more than i was supposed to at the time and then i lost some so i am right where i should be. i wouldnt worry about it. especially if the dr didnt seem conserned about it
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 12:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2008