update, and a question...

i went to to hospital yesterday and was there for 7 hours. it was horrible. the baby is fine. they monitored me and the baby for a while and then went to ER bc the baby was fine. they took my blood i did a urine test, then they did a catheter and monitored me some more. at the very end they told me i was boarder line of beind dehydrated (which i think was there fault because i sat there for 7 hours with no food or water) and then they said nothing is wrong.

well my breathing problems weren't acting up when i was there, so they wouldn't have noticed anything because it wasn't happening right??

and after the catheter, every time i pee, it hurts now pretty bad. is that normal??

(im glad the baby is okay, and i am too i just feel like they think im crazy.. and i still am getting these breathing problems that get pretty bad but.. i dont know. thx for everyone advice yesterday as well i appreciate it)

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes Ma'am very normal... that "area" is a little irrated from having a tube in... if it doesn't get better in the next 48hrs I would call the doc to double check! Glad the baby is ok!! =]
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes it's normal to hurt after having a catheter in you. Take tylenol if you can and it should go away in the next day or so.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• that happened to me. In a couple of days it will stop. My doctor said that they should have never put the catater in. But my child is ok.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• uh oh! i might need to get a cathader thing too =[
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• dehydration takes longer than 7 hrs to happen. I know you started to feel it then but for some reason you arent absorbing the amount of fluid you need from your daily intakes but maybe thats because the baby is taking it all which I hear happens....
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 5:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Right, but sitting there for 7 hours with no water or food did not help at all. They know im pregnant they should have (in my opinion) asked if i needed water or something.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Actually Loganandkennedy, depends on things like height, weight, age, skin surface, efficiency of the kidneys, etc. etc. There is no way to really put an actual number on it. Especially if she is pregnant, she can become dehydrated a LOT sooner than that. The hospital, knowing she is pregnant, should have GIVEN her water or something to snack on food or something.
    Anonymous