when do you feel its ok to remarry after spouses dies?

suesues

Asked by suesues at 8:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• i would think its different for everyone...as soon as you meet another person worthy of marriage, if thats even possible. Some people may need time to heal, some people may need another person in their life to help them heal.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Whenever you are comfortable with it. Everyone is different. Some may be okay within months...others may never be.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am with PP on this one. I think it is all dependant on the individual. I think that the widow(er) would know when the time was right.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree with all PP's. It's all an individual thing. The widow/er needs to fully grieve. And if and when they are ready, they will know. There is no time line, no deadline. Although, within a month would be too soon, I'd say. But hey, it depends on the marriage, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Yes, I agree with the others. It is purely individual. The love you had for the deceased doesn't change no matter when, or if, you marry another.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I don't think there's any "right" answer. Some remarry after a few months, some never do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Of course, if that's what you want.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I honestly don't think I could do it I am not sure though. My DH's mom passed away 7 years ago in Augest and her husband was cheating on her they were going to consuling for it, but he was still doing it. She passed away (wasn't met she long story she passed away in surgery) anyway, she passed then he was trying to sure the hospital since they had her on blood thinners and then done suregery so she bled to death. He lost the case since they found out he has this lady move in with him and you can't greave if you have someone moving in with you is what they said. But anyway what I am trying to say is he has this girl move in with him 3-4 months after she passed. I don't know how you can just have someone move in that soon not even that, but for the fact they cheated while she was alive and still dating the same girl. I couldn't do it. I honestly don't think I could ever remarry again, but that is just me.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Its not my place to make that decision for others. Only they can decide what is right for them. For me, I wouldn't want to. So I highly doubt I would. I've found the one person for me, there's no way I could think of being with anyone else, no matter what happens.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'd have to answer this after it happens. I have thought about it and I just don't know. I would assume it would take me a long time to feel interested in a new person though.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010