Do you think all dogs can be dangerous

I do i have a pitbull , i have had her since she was 8 weeks old, she has never bit anyone, now she does get excited , but never hurt anyone... now i have been bit by 2 poodles.. and i have to say i think any dog at any time can be dangerous...

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 8:21 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Pets

• Any animal can be dangerous when provoked.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:31 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• "dogs that were bred with aggressive genes in mind..."

I disagree. Pit bulls were originally bred as working dogs. They have more strength in their front quarters for hawling and carrying heavy loads. When the breed was first conceived, they were used by the U.S. Army for all sorts of purposes. Scouting, carrying supplies like ammunition, food and water. And yes, like police use shepards, they were used as a last line of protection.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• hmm, they don't have a special attack gene any dog has animal instinct its not bad dogs ever its BAD OWNERS I've met dogs of many breeds that were horrid, and their owners were truly no better, I've had pit bulls, and German Shepard growing up my whole life great dogs very sweet and kind, but was attacked by a lil dog once was a evil dog! oh and a gueni pig(sp) that thing was evil too! all in all it makes me mad and feel for the dogs that have to have these horrid owners!
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I see this all the time. Posts that list a link for 'good info. ' consider the source.
    when a source is written by a special interest group the information is slanted.

I still say that the pit bulls were bred in ways that can make them more aggressive then other dogs. all for the reasons that were stated above. often when a dog is bred to be a working dog they often have more aggressive tendencies.

some dogs breeds are more aggressive than others. deal with it.
    I'm sure your dogs are very sweet and loving, but that doesn't mean that special care shouldn't be taken.
    different breeds need different kind of care. Such as some dogs need more exercise, others may be more prone to other issues.
    there are issues that I only listen to reputable sources and this is one of them.
    I'll stick with the info I got from them.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• yes, any dog can be dangerous.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Absolutely. They are animals, and if frightened or protecting something/someone even the most docile dog can attack.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 110% yes, ALL dogs have a possability of being dangerous no matter how long you have had them, how wel you think you KNOW them, and how well trained they are. i dont think dogs belong in ANY home with very small children who can potentially set off a dogs instincts towards prey
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I had a rotweiller (sp) and she watched over my boys better than any babysitter I ever had! Anywhere they went, she was right there and walking circles around them as they walked. Even though she was not dangerous to us, she could be to anyone messing with her boys. The male was good, too, but did not have the "mothering" instincts that she had.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Pitbulls are wonderful dogs. They are no more dangerous than any other dog. The reason they use them for fighting, is because they are strong & agile. They can turn on a dime & they are fast. Their genes are no more "agressive" than any other dog.

Down here in GA, EVERYBODY is afraid of Pitbulls. Pitbulls were actually banned in Dekalb county, which is where 1/2 of the city of Atlanta is (Atlanta is 1/2 in Fulton county & 1/2 in Dekalb county). They actually banned ownership of pitbulls because so many were attacking people. BUT, these dogs that were attacking people were raised to pit fight. You can take ANY breed of dog & raise them to fight & they will be agressive. I know lots of people who think that pitbulls are dangerous dogs. I know enough of them to know that it's a crock of shit. It all depends on how you raise your dog. There just happens to be a lot of pitbull fighting down here...so, so sad!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I agree. All dogs can be dangerous.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010