What are the effects of smoking marijuana?

It seems a lot of people are for legalizing marijuana so I would like to know if there are any side effects or possible risks with legalizing it that is going to put other people's lives in harm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• apathy maybe.
    Anonymous

• I'm for legalizing it (no I don't smoke it) because people use it like they smoke cigarettes. I don't know the REAL side effects of it, like you hear they don't want you driving or working machinery because it somehow impairs your brain...whatever....I know you get side effects of it but it's different for everyone...me when I was a teen and smoked it..I got freakin paranoid...didn't like that. I really don't know why they make a big fuss over it...I mean you never hear people getting pulled over for being high, right? You never hear that someone killed someone because they were high on maryjane, right? It's good..it's bad...it's wrong..it's right....pros and cons...If the government could figure out a good way to legalize it, maybe we could get out debt and those who are poor who use it can sell it to make a living...ya know what I mean?
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It relaxes the body and somewhat slows reflexes. It releves nausea and vomiting by smoothing the spasms of the diaphragm and upper stomach muscles. It dilates the pupils of the eyes, making the user somewhat more sensitive to light. Many people experience an increase in appetite, making it a useful treatment for cancer patients on chemotherapy, and certain other medical conditions. The user may become sleepy or just peaceful.
    Anonymous

• Ask Obama. I'd say Clinton, but he didn't inhale.
    Anonymous

• or ask Palin.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• sure, Akin, and mother's milk leads to heroin. that argument's a joke.

shove your bullshit lies.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I take it Akin is voting for McCain.

What are the affects of smoking MJ? Midnight runs to the 7-11 for doritos and funyons. Oh, and dont forget the snickers bars.
    Anonymous

• Akin,that was hilarious,yet so true!
    curvysoldier83

Answer by curvysoldier83 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Seriously Akin, contact the McCain camp. You come up with the greatest stories about Obama! Your little thug reference is near and dear to my heart.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 1:13 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• it has been proven o be a SAFER treatment for adhd than the drugs they hand out to kids. also statistically the majority of ppl who smoke weed, do not do drugs or go out partying all the time. i am a proud army veteran, husband is a proud soldier right now, and we both smoke..were not party ppl, were homebodies who love our family. were not tree huggers although what is wrong with them? they are peaceful ppl. do not slander something you obviously never researched.
    Anonymous