Do your child have a "security" blanket/item?

My DS2 is attached to his blankie and my daughter has a blanket and sucks her thumb. My oldest grew out of his need for his.

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• yep, my DS is almost 5 and still has "bear", one of the Carters blankets with a bear head
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my girls do my boys never did. oldest has a blanket middle has a bear that she pulls his hair out all the time youngest has a "daddy doll" that she loves
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My DS (2.5) has a blanket that he always sleeps with (he calls it his lovey). He doesn't carry it with him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:49 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When my son was 1-2 kid carried a spatula with him EVERYWHERE!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• When my oldest was little he was attached to Piglet for about 6 months, and then after that he never really had a security blanket or toy. My middle and youngest both had security blankets (called Binky), my middle outgrew the need for it around age 5, although he does still have it. My youngest if 4 and still very much attached to his binky and drags it everywhere with him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my oldest was never attched to anything. My youngest loved blankets not just one it was any kind of blanket she would even try carring her comferter to her bed lol. I would have to find a baby blanket to give her because she use to get so mad when she couldn't get the big hug blanket around things it was kinda funny lol. She isn't so much like that now (2.5), but she will play with her baby dolls and cover them up with blankets. So she pretty much always has a blanket in her hand when she has her baby doll in her hand and she is always playing with baby dolls lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Mine has a beek-a little blanket with an animal head. She is not real choosy so she has different colors and she use to use them to match her outfit. Now she is almost 4 and only uses it in bed. But help us if we do not have it at bed time.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:04 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son became attached to the blanket that was on DH and my bed. It was PINK and that is what he called it......"pink blanket". We finally had to take it off our king size bed and cut it down into small pieces so he could take it with him.

He is now 14 and we talk about his "pink blanket" whenever we want to harass him in front of his friends. :)
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 9:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My 3 year old has a moose named Walnut that he found in a basket of stuffed animals when he was a little over a year old. The funny thing is, that moose was actually a Christmas present to me from my sister a couple years before he was born.

My daughter has not found her special toy yet, but she's only 4 months old.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:28 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• my oldest is 13 now and he never really had to have anything special..but my 2 girls who are 9 and 10 they had a baby blanket they would not sleep without up until they were about 6..they still have them and my younger daughter who is 9 will from time to time make sure she has it if she goes somewhere like to her aunt's house..but it isn't a big issue like it once was..my youngest child who is 5 has never really been stuck to anything..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2010