I wanna move sooooooooooo baaaaaaaaad!! But I can't! I am about to rip out my own hair! WHAT do I do? adult content

I have a woman who lives next door to me who is a drug addict. She takes pills. She has 3 kids and well, after stopping pills in early Sept she's back on 'em now! On top of that, she ignores her kids, makes excuses for their horrid behavior (e.g. her 6 yr old dd punched my 8 yr old so hard it left 2 bruises and the excuse was "she's seen her brother do it- mind you her brother went to live w/gramma the beginning of summer as in 4 mos ago!) Anyway, now I think she might be hurting her youngest son age 3 on purpose to gain sympathy. She's come to my house with him in tow with some kind of owie - the last one yesterday was a bleeding hand that "he wanted to show you". For the past several days its been one thing after another! I told her I don't have anything to clean it with and to take him home and clean it up. Its like she's making excuses to come to my house! I am sick of it. I have my own kids which I actually take care of!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you suspect that she's purposely harming her child to show you - REPORT HER - that is ABUSE!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:58 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Wow, that would be annoying. Does she do this to other neighbors or just you? If it is other neighbors then maybe you should all get together and talk her about this. If it is just you I think you are going to have to be direct with her and say "you know X I hate to be rude but I don't want you coming over here anymore. I just don't have time to deal with you and your drama." I would also give serious thought to calling CPS about her possibly harming the child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• have you called anyone on this woman?
    sure, you have your own kids to take care of, but this is a child. it's not fair or ideal I know, but you know about this situation so it's your responsibility to report your suspicions and what you know.
    and keep on doing it.

hurting your child for attention is a illness, there are people that do it.
    I hope she and those kids get help.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i'm in a similar situation but i cant move either its so frustrating living sumwhere you don't want especially with a baby i just take things day by day and hope that one day i will get to move lets just hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KAT1991

Answer by KAT1991 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• *hugs* Sorry, momma!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• She is reaching out for help the only way she can. It could be by bringing you into the mix she is better able to control her actions. Have you tried to talk to her about the situation. Does she have anyone else to turn to? If you really think that she is endangering her children you have to report her to the proper people.
    Being a drug addict is not a choice. It is a sickness. Please be compassionate and help her find the help that she needs before it is too late for her and her children.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• How about instead of sending her hurt child away you help the poor kid?
    Call CPS and let them know that there is suspected abuse and that she is back on pills. Do something about it before one of those kids end sup dead. Stop being selfish and saying "I have my own kids to worry about" and do something to help those poor children. How can you live next door knowing there is possible abuse and neglect and not do anything about it?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I have called CPS on her only to be told that I need to worry about my own children. They know that I home school and they don't like it and they have brought me to court over it - yet I will continue to home school. In short, they are not doing anything about it. The realization that she is maybe doing this on purpose for attention just hit me. She only does this to me not other neighbors. I don't know why. I do know that she has borrowed money from me $10 here and $20 there to the tune of over $350!! I know now it was used to buy pills. My DH was here a couple days ago seeing his kids and I was really tired so he sent me to bed for a nap - something that he does when he's here to see his kids - she came down with her 3 yr old to "show [me] another owie" and he said "she's sleeping" she asked if he'd wake me up and he said "No way!" Then it was "can I get some cigs from her?" He motioned toward my desk where they were...cont
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• cont.....well she helped herself to not only an entire pack of my cigs but also, now there is $40 missing also. I believe that she took the money for more pills. No one else goes in my purse and DH didn't know a lot of this stuff because I don't always tell him bad things about other people. The last time he knew, we were friends.....but that was long before I figured out she was a pill junky.

Reminder for those that don't talk to me a lot: DH and I are actually divorced and we don't live together so much of our lives are separate. We work together for the good of our kids.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Maybe this is here way of reaching out to you for help. I know she can be irritating...but I could not take that out on the kid. If he is at my door bleeding, then I am going to assist. Keep your purse where she can't see it. You are a mom and smoke...I think that is not a good choice, but I am not going to bash you...everyone is different. We all have a story, it doesn't cost anyone to be kind to another. What if she is an angel in disguise? Step back, look at how you view another human being. She may not be perfect, but neither are you. Maybe she feels there is something about you that makes her feel she can talk to you...or feel safe with you. Who knows. Don't be so harsh...there is enough of that in the world already.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010