open house

When you go to your child's school for open house, what type of things do you like to see? It's not conferences but just getting to see where your child spends the day. We have open house this week and I want to to feel benificial to the partents- any suggestions??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our open houses are after school evening hours. I like to see where my child sits, what projects he's working on, his schedule. Usually, the teacher will have a folder that my child decorated on his desk with completed assignments in it. Then we usually do a tour of the school and they show me where they sit at for lunch.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:23 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I want to see interaction in the classroom. I went to an open house one year and the teacher had the children working silently at their desks on a written assignment. I didn't get to see the teacher speaking with the class and the children responding. The same year, after the written assignment was handed in, the teacher put on a movie. It was the worse open house I'd even been to.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I like to see what kinds of things they do in class as a whole, and individually.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My kids open house is stupid. They usually don't have anything planned or anything to say. Just look stupid!
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010