what questions can I ask my half brother that I don't know?

I met him one time back in September that was the first time I met him and I am 28 and he is 21. We now talk on facebook. We want to get together to do something, but it is hard since I don't drive and he lives like 45 minutes from me and even if I was able to drive he does things before he goes to work at 2pm - like 11 or 12. Then he works every weekday and then saturday and then on sunday is his only day off so he is usually shoeing horses pr riding his horse or doing something with horses or fishing or hunting. But I want to get to know him on facebook, but I can't think of what to ask him. All I know his first, middle, and last name, his age, I found out his birthday 2 days ago. I know he has 2 horses I know he lives in rittman. What are somethings I can ask him. We have the same dad, diffrent moms our dad isn't in either one of our lives.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• not sure if our dad walked out before or after he was born or what not even sure why. Not sure if they were married. My mom wasn't married to him and he walked out when i was 2. I know he ran into our dad one time and he said that our dad acted like he didn't even care.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• If you're still just getting to know him you could ask him questions about growing up and school to see if you have anything in common. You could ask about fav. subjects in school, hobbies, sports, pets,girlfriends. Tell him some things about you and your life and maybe he'll respond by asking some questions or telling you a little bit about himself- good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am soon to be in your situation. My half brother is overseas right now, but he is due back home in Texas come March. Hopefully he and I will be able to try and get to know each other then. Anyway, you could ask things about his favorites, his family, what he enjoys doing, and things of that nature. Good luck and congratulations!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I would invite him to a family event, birthday or holiday. When he comes ask him questions about his life. Start with his work, what he does, how long. If he likes it, what hbe plans to do with his life, etc. Then discuss school life...his interests...if things are going well ask how things were growing up for him. You will learn a lot by asking and listening. Good luck!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

I have asked him 2 times if he wanted to go out to eat with DH and I he tried. He tells me he will let me know by Friday (the dinner would be sunday his day off), but he ends up having stuff he has to do.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• What are some of your hobbies or interests?
    Do you have a girlfriend or are you married?
    Do you have any kids?
    What career aspects do you have?
    Are you in college?

Just ask him about his life.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Just ask questions to what you know now. You know he is into horses; fishing and hunting so just stick with that subject until he lets you know otherwise. You might run him off by asking too many questions. Try not to press the issue on getting together. It may take some time on his side to warm up to you. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2010