Let's Say You Have to Leave Home at 9:30 am...

...and you have to shower and give one child a supervised bath. How early do you start getting the two of you ready? Are you normally able to leave on time?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:51 AM on Oct. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Personally, I would make sure everyone was bathed before bed.  We never take showers/baths in the morning.  Even with 2 bathrooms there wouldn't be time with 7 people in the family.  If we had to leave at 9:30am, the earliest we would get up is probably 9am (maybe earlier now that we have the baby because someone would have to feed and change him).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2010

• i would start getting ready around 7am just to play it safe..i freak out when i am late
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I am never on time for anything in my life! So...this is what - in all reality - my morning would be like:

Alarm at 8am - hit snooze for 45 minutes. / Wake up in panic, trip over the cat on the way to the shower. / Take shower and run around the house half naked trying to get ready for the day because there's no time to find robe. / start getting dressed and put on wrinkled clothes since I forgot to turn the dryer back on. / get DS up and dressed. Give breakfast. Come back into room to see DS covered in oatmeal. / Wipe up DS (he'll survive with an oatmeal stain on his clothes). / Get dressed, and loaded into the car...realize that I left diapers in the house. / Go back in the house to see the dog who's NOT allowed on the furniture lounging on the couch sleeping already!

And....the end? Arrive at daycare the same time I'm supposed to be at work. :)
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I'd probably get up and start moving around 8..... or 8:30- we'd eat breakfast, I'd get in the shower and then get ready while the child is in the bath, it's all about multitasking!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• Probably 8, that would give me enough time for breakfast as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• in all reality though, i would do our baths the night before
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 7:30 should do it. But why not the bath the night before.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• I always figure 30 minutes to get myself ready, and hour to get DS ready. That is without bathing though. We do our baths the night before.
    Mom2Logan092310

Answer by Mom2Logan092310 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• at about 6:30am. I dont like to be rushed. I'd also have clothes already layed out the night ahead of time and such. and yes we usually always are ready early.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:59 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• 7:30, or 8 at the very latest.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2010